If social distancing is making you stir-crazy, get out and move! It’s still safe to exercise and enjoy the outdoors, and it’s more fun when you introduce a little friendly competition – virtually, of course. So rise to the challenge and be your own superhero with this four-week competition to get active, eat healthy and live well.
- A few clicks and you’re on your way to greatness. Log in to your Designed Wellness account to register and find fitness ideas and tracking tools.
- Team up with up to 10 super-friends to compare progress via the app. Encouragement and friendly smack talk are welcome. (You can also just do the challenge by yourself if no one is brave enough to take you on.)
- For at least 15 days, track your physical activity, healthy nutrition choices and well-being activities to compete for a spot at the top of the leaderboard.
- If you track your progress for at least 15 days, you’ll be entered into a prize drawing. Winners will be contacted by a Designed Wellness representative in May. You can also make things a little more interesting by pooling funds with your team as an extra prize for the person who shows the most progress at the end of the month.
You can find great activity ideas on the Designed Wellness app – but here are a few to get you started.
- Walking, running and biking outside can curb cabin fever, lift your mood and get your blood pumping.
- Yard work lets you do something constructive as well as healthy. Weed a flower bed or dig a new one – you can order seeds online.
- Online workouts. From free apps and YouTube videos to yoga and Zumba, you can find plenty of guided workouts you can do from the comfort of your home.
Ready, set, get started.