You can make the spirit of Valentine’s day last all year long
Just because Valentine’s Day has come and gone it doesn’t mean that the romance in your relationship should fizzle away! Why not surprise your significant other with romance multiple times this month (or next month)?
We’ve come up with a list of 24 healthy date night activities that get you moving, have you eating healthy, and keep you smiling.
Which one (or two) of these activities will you try this week?
- Perhaps the easiest is going for a walk together; at sunset! (hand in hand?)
- Water activities burn calories as fast as any exercise. Your local swimming pool may be the easiest. Can you also do snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding?
- Sign up for a partner mud run or obstacle course. Do you have a competitive side?
- Go ice skating. It’s a great workout and a fun time.
- Go rock climbing, hiking, or bouldering. Look for an indoor rock climbing facility near you.
- Go skiing or snowboarding. Afterwards you can snuggle up by the fire!
- Take a bicycle ride together (and bring a picnic lunch)!
- Take a jog or brisk walk together. When you circulate your blood, you wake up your endorphins (those fuzzy feelings of happiness) too!
- Head to the local carnival, fair, theme park, or rodeo to get in a good walk and have some fun!
- Take your dog(s) down a leafy path for some quality outside time. Don’t forget the ball or Frisbee.
- Head to the putt putt course for some healthy competition.
- Go to the zoo! But make sure to wear your walking shoes!
- Be a tourist in your own town! Explore the local sites and take some great pictures of your adventure.
- Find a farmer’s market, pick out some local and/or organic foods to try out for dinner!
- Go geocaching! Dive into a scavenger hunt led by GPS. What treasures will you find?
- Join a fitness class together. Have you tried hip-hop, yoga, Zumba, or a boot camp before?
- Dust off those skates and go roller skating!
- Go dancing! Melt the calories while having a great time.
- Surprise your partner with a healthy breakfast in bed. Don’t forget the most important meal of the day!
- Go bowling! I bet your forearms are sore in the morning…
- Paintball anyone?! It’s a great workout and so much fun.
- Volunteer at a local event, fair, church or festival. Volunteerism can greatly increase your well-being.
- Make dinner and stay in. Healthy choices are most easily made in your own kitchen.
- Massage. Some massage therapists will visit your home.